Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Darcy - part 1

Darcy's birthday is always celebrated over many days with multiple cakes.  This year Lola and I picked out a really amazing recipe that uses a cake making technique that I was eager to try.  Lola is a great helper in the kitchen, but I know that her real motivation for helping is licking the spoons and spatulas when I turn my back.  And Quinn was also super helpful that day by taking a great big nap.
Lola was in charge of decorations and she decided that Dad would love yellow sprinkles with a Buzz Lightyear candle.  Incidentally, later Lola told me that the best part of the cake was the sprinkles.  Regardless of what the four year old thought, I was really happy with how it turned out, it was delicious, light, fluffy and moist.  One of the best cakes I have ever eaten!

 I love this photo - dirty faces, no shirts and lots of smiles!
Happy Birthday Darcy! We love you lots!

No comments: