Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Preparations

We have been getting ready for Halloween around our house for a few weeks.  There have been a number of crafts, lots of decorations and many, many costume fittings.
My favourite project, by far, has been this little skeleton paper craft. He was so fun to make and Lola was in charge of covering him with sparkles after I pieced him together.  We found him at this amazing site with lots of paper craft ideas.  I see a lot of paper crafting in our future.

Lola asked that a nice vampire be carved into our award winning pumpkin. 
It was a difficult carve and not my best work, but I am blaming the pumpkin.  It turned out that while the award winning pumpkin was amazing looking from the outside, he was rotten on the inside.  A rotten pumpkin does not make an ideal canvas, so this was the best that I could do.  The kids were impressed, so I was happy.

We also made these cut little spiders.  They were supposed to be hung from our webs outside, but Lola thought that they were too cute to be moved outside in the cold.



And one of the most disgusting things we made were these brain cupcakes.  Lola picked the recipe out of my A Zombie Ate My Cupcake cookbook.  I was really pleased with how they turned out.  Disgusting and delicious! Bring on Halloween!

No comments: