Sunday, February 21, 2010

Three years ago today

Three years ago my mom died. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that it has only been three years and then sometimes it feels like she happened a life time ago. Granted a lot has changed in three years, but the ache hasn't left and I still miss her, bunches! We took these pictures in a photo booth very early one morning, it was a strange adventure. These pictures and the memories of why we were lined up at outside a store at 6am in the middle of winter are some of my favourites!

As my adventure into motherhood continues I find myself morphing into a version of my mother - a much cooler version, of course, I mean my mom was great, but not cool, at all! I hear her in my laugh (the cackle my brother Jeremy calls it), I see her in my house coat (I didn't realize that I had picked out a house coat so similar to my mom's), and I recognize it in my new found excitement for all the little holidays. Some of this may just be part and parcel of becoming a mom, but I like to think that she has been the influence.

I think that she would be proud of her kids. We turned out pretty well. We wear a little less brown now a days, but we are good people, with big hearts. And I think that she did a good job. No one is perfect, but she did the best with what she had.
I miss you mom!

No comments: