Monday, September 12, 2011

For Mikey

So the internet is a weird place; I have these friends who I have never met, will never meet. I know way too much about their personal lives, and they have absolutely no idea that I exist. It is a strange friendship to say the least.

I have no idea how I found them almost all of them, but at some point I did and bookmarked their page and every now and then I check in and see how they are doing. In Jennie's Kitchen is one of those spots, checking in for a new recipe or an update on how her girls. A few weeks ago I was sitting at my desk with a coffee and pulled up her blog and was instantly saddened to read about the death of her husband. I sat at my desk crying for a woman that I have never met wishing that I could do something for her, anything to help her through the terrible heart ache of losing her husband way too soon. So, Lola and I (like many other bakers all over the world) set out to make her husband Mikey's favourite desert and share it with the ones that we love.
The Creamy Peanut Butter Pie was delicious and I still start crying just thinking about why we made it.

I wish that there was more that I could do for Jennie!

No comments: