Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cottage Vacation

For our family summer vacation we headed to this beautiful cottage State side with Beej and his parents.
We arrived in Michigan with no real college affiliation and quickly became Michigan State fans! Yes, all of us. Though no one is quite as dedicated to the Spartans gear as much as Uncle Mark!
Over the week Daddy and I did a lot of swimming. I went from a kid who wasn't too sure about the lake to a kid who wouldn't get out of the lake.
I love swimming with the fishes.
Daddy couldn't get me out of the water, my lips would be blue and my teeth chattering and still I would be saying 'again, again I swim with the fishes'.
I also loved it when Daddy threw me high in the sky and then dip me low in the lake. It was super duper fun.

Here I am taking a very brief break from the water, just a moment to hydrate and warm up.
Cocktail time! It must be 11:00 somewhere!
We all had the opportunity to do what we all love best, Daddy and I swimming, Katie floating, Mark filming, Beej digging. It was the perfect place for our families to rest and relax (oh, and shop, don't forget about the shopping)
The cottage also had a boat, we didn't rent it, but we sat on it and pretended that we were going for a boat ride. It was the perfect place to have a drink and a snack in between swimming sessions. Beej and I were allowed to be the captains and the horn worked, it was so much fun.
A few of my babies made the trip with us; even without their passports they were allowed in. Mom was a little bit nervous, but I assured her that it would all be fine.
I was up early every day and was eager to get outside, so the three of us did some early morning dock work in our pj's. Mom looks tired here, well, because she is exhausted. Maybe I should have slept at least one night in my own bed?Same morning, but why does Dad look so much more awake? He must have already consumed more coffee then Mom.
Thanks for such a great vacation Beej! I can't wait until next year!

No comments: