Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lola's Lady Bug Picnic

This past weekend was my second birthday. In honour of my very special day Mom and Dad hosted a lady bug picnic to celebrate the glory that is LOLA.
Mom made up lady bug antennas for all the kids.
And some of the adults.
Beej is probably the cutest ladybug I know.
There was also a lady bug cake, that was almost too cute to eat.
We had a ladybug cookie decorating station.
The candies and icing for the cookies were pretty popular with the kids and also with the adults.
Beej and Dylan worked really hard on their cookies. Beej was taking his home to share with Irene, Dylan ate his before he was finished decorating and before his mom could stop him. Dylan is pretty smart!
Tanner and Maya also decorated cookies with lots of candies; in this picture it looks like Maya's Dad is trying to steal all of her hard work.
I was very liberal with my icing application. Sometimes it was on the cookies, sometimes it was on the table...
Uncle Jon, Uncle Josh and Aunt Emily came to the party. Aunt Emily looks very impressed with her choice in boy friends. She is a lucky girl!
Then it was time for the cake. I might have been a bit freaked out by the whole burning lady bug while people sang thing.
Okay, I was totally freaked out and Dad had to blow out the candles for me. They didn't warn me about this at all!
After I got over that and we ate the delicious cake (I mean seriously delicious, thanks Julia)
We played a rousing game of 'put the spot on the ladybug'. Dad was the first contestant and showed us all how to play the game.
Beej was incredibly enthusiastic and wanted to be the first kid to try it.
Maya put her spot on as part of a race against Dad. She totally beat him.
Tanner took a shoulder ride to the target. We really should have blindfolded Mark to make this fair.
And the finished product. A perfect ladybug with all her spots in the right places. Thanks for coming to my birthday party, it was a wonderful way to celebrate!

No comments: